You’ve taken great photos underwater. Now it’s time to create the finished product. Prep your pics to give as holiday gifts. Give the gift of underwater photography this holiday season with our Photo Editing Workshop.
Learn how to perfect your editing techniques. Create finished photographs for your loved ones to enjoy. Discover what methods make a picture go from an unedited snapshot to a jaw-dropping masterpiece.
Hold onto those underwater memories. Make them last a lifetime. Share your love for the ocean with the ones you love.
Whether you are a photography newbie or have already spent hours behind the lens, one thing is certain. A polished photograph takes patience, an eye for detail, and the understanding that there is always more to learn.
As the holiday season approaches, get ready to prep your pics to give as holiday gifts. Find out what our Photo Editing Workshop is all about.
PHOTO EDITING WORKSHOP
Ever wonder how talented photographers create top-notch images? It’s more than meets the eye. Oftentimes, one picture is worth a lot more than a thousand words. For every great photograph, there are hundreds of snapshots that did not make the cut. There are hours of editing spent on the computer. And do not forget the countless number of dives it takes to capture cool marine life in the first place.
This holiday season, learn from one of our PVD Photo Pros. Instructor and Underwater Photographer Emma Rigolo is here to teach us exclusive editing skills. Want to give your loved ones a meaningful gift this year? Gift them with something they can cherish while admiring the ocean. Let’s dive in!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
In this land-based workshop, you will focus on editing techniques and learning about different mediums. Find out which print medium and size works best for your photos. Students also learn about:
- Gain a better understanding of cropping.
- Go in-depth to learn how megapixels and DPI are affected by cropping.
- Find out how to crop within the limits of your image resolution to maintain image quality.
- Understand certain considerations for ordering prints.
- Choose the best printing company for your photos.
- Identify what size print is best for your images.
- Find out which of your photos are best suited for print.
- How to use editing software to enhance underwater images.
- Lightroom is recommended. For other editing software, please contact us to discuss.
- Determine which print medium will best show off your photos.
- These can include framed photos, canvas prints, metal prints, and more!
- Discover the pros and cons of different print mediums.
Want to add an in-water session? Upgrade to a 1-Dive Photo Editing Workshop. Enhance the workshop by diving with Emma before the classroom portion.
First, learn tips and tricks for photographing wildlife at the world-famous Blue Heron Bridge. Then, practice editing your images from the morning dive.
Please note that this workshop helps enhance your editing abilities. Students must come prepared with a basic understanding of the editing software of their choice.
- Editing software (Lightroom Classic or Lightroom CC recommended. Please call to discuss if you are more comfortable using different software.)
- Laptop or tablet with editing software installed.
- 3-5 of your own photos that you would like to practice editing
If upgrading to a 1-Dive Photo Editing Workshop, please also bring:
- Underwater Camera & Housing
- Scuba Gear
- Lights/strobes are highly recommended
- They will reintroduce the full spectrum of colors that are lost with depth. Photographing with lights/strobes greatly reduces the amount of editing needed to correct colors and white balance.
BEFORE THE PHOTO EDITING WORKSHOP
Divers must have a minimum of PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver rating or equivalent.
The Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty is recommended. This specialty helps divers maintain their buoyancy while capturing that perfect shot.
Interested in becoming an Underwater Photographer? Take the PADI Underwater Photography Specialty! Take your photography skills to the next level. Contact us to learn more.
PHOTO EDITING WORKSHOP DATES
Prep your pics to give as holiday gifts this season. Choose the date for the land workshop that best fits your schedule.
- Sunday, November 7th from 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Saturday, November 20th from 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Are you upgrading the photo editing workshop to a 1-Dive Photo Workshop? Don’t forget to schedule your dive with Emma at the Blue Heron Bridge beforehand! The dive can be completed on the morning of the workshop. Contact us to schedule.
Prep your pics for holiday gifts this winter season. Give the gift of underwater photography. Give your loved ones a gift they are sure to love and remember. Ready to sign up for the Photo Editing Workshop? Contact Photo Pro Emma Rigolo at Emma@puravidadivers.com or call 561-840-8750 for more information.