Snorkel with whale sharks in the beautiful blue waters of Mexico! This is the perfect trip for photographers and families with scuba divers and non-divers alike.
Adventure in comfort on a private charter boat as you swim alongside huge whale sharks. Snack on delicious ceviche made fresh by the crew each day.
Spend your afternoons exploring Isla Mujeres, an island in the Caribbean Sea just off the coast of Cancun. After each days’ adventures, relax on the private beach of our intimate oceanfront hotel.
SNORKEL WITH WHALE SHARKS
Spend 3 days swimming with these gigantic fish! An experienced, in-water guide accompanies every pair of snorkelers. Snorkelers take turns in the water throughout the day. You will have time between snorkeling sessions to review your footage and photos, swap camera batteries and relax on board.
Private charters are limited to just 10 guests. We take turns in the water throughout the day. Soak up the sunshine as you relax on board the boat when you’re not in the water.
Enjoy a yummy sandwich lunch as you rest in between snorkeling sessions. Munch on snacks and sip chilled drinks, all included with your charters.
On the way back to shore each day we stop by a local reef to swim among the colorful corals and tropical fish.
Top off every charter scooping fresh-made ceviche onto tortilla chips as we gaze over the ocean.
EXPLORE ISLA MUJERES
Discover the remains of an ancient Mayan temple overlooking the cliffs of Punta Sur. Visit Cliff of the Dawn, the easternmost point in Mexico, as you take in the gorgeous ocean view.
Pick up one-of-a-kind jewelry from the Isla Mujeres Women’s Beading Co-op. Each piece is hand-made by local women, who you will often find crafting at the storefront. Each artist earns a percentage from the sale of their pieces, which goes toward housing, food and school tuition for their children. The remaining percentage goes back into the cooperative to buy beads and supplies.
Photograph the vibrant houses and shops that decorate the island. Zip around Isla Mujeres on golf carts included with your reservation.
ON ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS
After the charters, unwind on the private beach of our intimate oceanfront hotel. Playa La Media Luna is nestled in the secluded “Half Moon Bay” on the northern tip of Isla Mujeres. Sip drinks overlooking the ocean in one of two freshwater pools. Treat yourself to on-site spa services.
In the evenings, take a short stroll to explore the myriad of shops and restaurants on the island. Playa La Media Luna is just a 4-block walk from downtown. The journey is made even quicker in your golf cart.
After dinner, late night beachgoers may even observe mother sea turtles making their way up our private beach as they search for the perfect nesting location to lay their eggs.
6 Days, 5 Nights Accommodations
All prices listed are per person.
- Garden View Room: $1,650 Double Occupancy
- Garden View Room: $2,075 Single Occupancy
- Child: $1,125 (When accompanied by 2 Double Occupancy adults.)
or upgrade to:
- King Ocean View Room: $1,875 Double Occupancy
- King Ocean View Room: $2,250 Single Occupancy
- In addition to resort staff and boat crew, a Trip Leader from Pura Vida Divers will be by your side. From the time you register for the trip, they will answer questions, help coordinate activities and assist with your travel needs.
3 Days of Whale Shark Charters
- Private Charter, Max 10 Guests
- 6 Hours In-Water every day
- NEW! Breakfast with each charter
- Lunch, Snacks, Drinks and freshly prepared Ceviche
Transportation on Isla Mujeres
- Shared golf cart rentals to explore the island
The 2023 trip also includes:
- Gratuity for Charter Captain and Crew
- Fresh Catch Dinner at Blue Ballyhoo Restaurant
- Round Trip Ferry Tickets (from Puerto Juarez, Cancun to Isla Mujeres)
To avoid online booking fees, please call the shop to reserve your spot: 561-840-8750.
WHEN YOU REGISTER
When you sign up to snorkel with Whale Sharks, you will receive a detailed confirmation email. A packing list and itinerary will be sent before the trip, including required items and recommended gear. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
- All Whale Shark snorkeling trips include a non-refundable $950 per person
- At 130 days prior to the trip, 75% is non-refundable
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made within 90 days of the trip
- Must be age 9 or older to snorkel with whale sharks
- Parent or guardian signature is required on waivers for anyone under 18
- All kids must bring a copy of their birth certificate to verify Date of Birth
- Although we do not anticipate a fuel surcharge, we will notify guests as soon as possible if one is required.
SNORKEL WITH WHALE SHARKS
- Participants must follow all rules and regulations required by the Mexican government and charter operator, captain and crew.
- We highly recommend purchasing trip insurance to help recoup costs in the event of a cancellation. Browse coverage options available from Divers Alert Network, our recommended provider, here.
- Please keep in mind that at this time COVID regulations are fluid. We will do our best to keep you updated as procedures are finalized closer to the trip date.
We do our best to book travel experiences with verified, reputable sources. Whale Shark charter operators follow strict rules and guidelines enforced by the Mexican government to ensure the protection and long term sustainability of these awe-inspiring animals.
- Flights to/from your location to Cancun, Mexico
- COVID Testing (if required)
- Dinner and any additional activities not outlined above
- Airport Transportation ($150 per round trip shuttle)
- Reserve round trip transportation for your group between the Cancun Airport and Puerto Juarez (departure location for the ferry to Isla Mujeres).
- One shuttle accommodates up to 6 guests.
- Wetsuit Rental ($10 USD per day)
Contact us with any questions you may have, to sign up, or to discuss the trip in detail: 561-840-8750 or firstname.lastname@example.org.