DIVE PROCEDURES FOR COVID-19
Palm Beach County released an Executive Order to open boat ramps and marinas as of Wednesday, April 29, 2020 which allows us to get you back on the water again. As we re-open, please understand that the safety and well-being of our guests, staff and crew is very important to us. We’ve outlined below a few new policies and dive procedures for COVID-19, effective immediately, to help ensure that our divers and our team stay healthy in the weeks to come. These policies and procedures follow the rules set forth by Palm Beach County and will be updated as new information is released.
Your help following with these procedures is vital to our ability to take you diving. While we will do our best to ensure your safety through these additional efforts, please consider your personal well-being carefully and make choices that are best for yourself and your loved ones.
When you’re ready to begin diving again, we will be here to get you set! Check out our upcoming charter schedule here. If you have any questions about the information below, or when you are ready book an upcoming charter, please call us at 561-840-8750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect at the Shop
The shop is now open for all services during regular business hours. Here’s what to expect when you arrive at the shop:
- Curbside Pickup & Drop Off are available. Please call us when you arrive: 561-840-8750.
- Rental Equipment will be sterilized by trained Staff members with industry-appropriate disinfectants
- The shop will be disinfected throughout the day for your and our safety
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use
- Shared devices, like tablets, will be disinfected after every use
- Guests are welcome to wear face covers (masks, buffs, gaiters) while at the shop.
What to Expect During a Dive Charter
Please remember that we are operating within restrictions set forth by County officials and recommendations from the CDC. Your help following these procedures will ensure our continued ability to take you out diving in the weeks to come. Here’s what to expect when you dive with us:
- Charter capacity is limited for the foreseeable future to aid in Social Distancing
- Tanks will be placed on the boat to maintain Social Distancing between groups as much as possible while on board
- Handrails, communal surfaces and the marine head will be sanitized before, during and after each charter
- We encourage you to bring your own reusable water bottle, towel & snacks (Fresh drinking water, sodas and snacks will still be available and accessible by our crew for your safety & convenience. Towels will NOT be provided.)
- Please arrive with your online waiver completed and your gear packed, ready to board the boat
- You are welcome to bring your own sanitation products, but any products used on rental gear, tanks or boat surfaces must be industry-approved (bleach will not be allowed on board)
- Guests are welcome to wear face covers (masks, buffs, gaiters) while on the boat.
Frequent Diver Cards
We appreciate the continued support of our dedicated dive family and are ready to get you back underwater! ALL Frequent Diver Card expiration impacted by the temporary closure have been extended to include the 6 weeks that charters were unable to run. Charter space remains restricted but we are honoring Frequent Diver Cards.
Dive Club & Industry Discounts
We are able to offer some Industry discounts at this time. To understand how these changes may impact your diving, please contact us at 561-840-8750 or email@example.com.
Safe Diving Resources
Anyone who feels unwell or had a confirmed case of COVID-19 should consult a doctor before diving. Check out the articles linked below to gain an understanding of best practices and dive procedures to avoid COVID-19. Learn how coronavirus impacts your health and lung function as a SCUBA diver.