The PADI Tec 40 course is where you transition from recreational scuba diving to technical diving. It’s a great place to start because it’s the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Diver course and bridges the gap between no-stop diving and full technical deep decompression diving. Students will learn under the tutelage of John Ozog, experienced technical diver and PADI Technical DSAT Instructor: Tecrec Trimix.
During the class, you’ll use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives, and use a single cylinder of decompression gas up to 50% Oxygen.
You’ll also gain experience and begin building the knowledge and skills you need to continue your tec diver training. You will learn about different gear configurations, and begin to assemble a tec kit setup. After the course, you will qualify to make limited decompression dives to 40 metres/130 feet, and explore new sites.
The course cost includes materials, cylinder fills, cert card, and boat charters.
- Age 18 or older
- PADI Rescue Diver certification (or higher)
- PADI Deep Diver certification (or equivalent 10 logged dives 100 feet or deeper)
- PADI Enriched Air Diver certification
- Have a minimum of at least 30 logged dives, with the following minimums:
- 10 Enriched Air Dives deeper than 60 feet salt water
- Medical form signed by a physician
- Nov 14, Class from 6:30 – 9 PM
- Nov 15, Class from 6:30 – 9 PM
- Nov 25, Dive 1 (Blue Heron Bridge) at 7 AM
- Dec 1, Dives 2 & 3 at 1:30 PM
- Dec 2, Dive 4 (Hole in the Wall) at 8 AM
*Additional course dates available upon request.*
Each diver is also required to have a complete set of personal dive equipment, including items specific to a technical diving setup. Divers interested in the Tec 40 class or ongoing technical diving courses should schedule an appointment at the shop with a Gear Pro to learn more about required gear configurations.
To register for an upcoming Tec 40 class, or to learn more about Tec dives and certifications offered by Pura Vida Divers, call or email us: 561-840-8750 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Divers interested in pursuing additional technical training may register instead for the PADI Tec Deep combo, which includes Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50 certifications.