- 18 or older
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
Next course date: September 16 – 29
The PADI Divemaster course will help you gain valuable experience during your first level of professional dive training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain more in-depth knowledge of the physics of diving, and finesse your management and supervision abilities.
As a PADI Divemaster, you can lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to begin your career in the SCUBA industry or challenge yourself to obtain a higher standard of diving abilities, the PADI Divemaster course will help you reach these goals.
What will you learn?
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Business of diving and your career
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
You may be able to get college credit for the Divemaster course – ask your instructor.
Military veterans may qualify for program assistance through the VA.
To register or with questions, call Pura Vida Divers at 561-840-8750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, Facebook RSVP’s do NOT count as class registration.
*Additional course dates available.*