Do you want to make a difference on every dive, but are not sure where to begin? Join us to Dive Against Debris! Gain the knowledge and skills to become a citizen scientist under the guidance of a PADI pro. During your dive(s), conduct a hands-on Dive Against Debris® survey. Learn how to weigh, sort, record, dispose of and report marine debris to Project AWARE. Then, put your new skills to the test on future dives. Help keep you your favorite dive sites healthy and free of debris.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The damage caused by marine debris. Learn what it is, where it comes from and how divers are part of the solution.
- Complete a Dive Against Debris® survey. Understand survey frequency and the equipment requirements.
- Know what to leave behind.
- How to make your survey count. Learn the five easy steps to report the debris you’ve removed.
- How to join the global Project AWARE movement of scuba divers protecting our ocean planet.
DIVE AGAINST DEBRIS COURSE DATES
Available upon request.
The Dive Against Debris specialty includes rental tanks and weights.
Join an upcoming Dive Against Debris class! Just contact Pura Vida Divers at 561-840-8750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
After your certification, tune in online to learn about the Trash Free Seas initiative with a special guest speaker from the Ocean Conservancy!