Dive Socorro with us during a 9-day liveaboard adventure! Drift through blue waters surrounded by huge manta rays. Swim among schooling hammerhead sharks. Romp with friendly bottlenose dolphins.
Socorro is known as one of the best dive destinations in the world for large pelagic animal encounters.
Onboard the Nautilus Explorer liveaboard, access to the most exciting sites will be at your fingertips. Ready to travel? Let’s dive in!
TRIP DATES: MAY 10 – 18, 2023
SOCORRO: 9 DAYS OF ADVENTURE
Begin your journey in beautiful Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Fly in a day before departure and get an early start diving off of the pacific coast. Next, head offshore onboard the Nautilus Explorer.
Spend the week at sea as we scuba dive, kayak, and paddleboard around the island. Explore Socorro during a shoreline tour.
Share each day’s adventures with your shipmates over a cocktail at happy hour. In the evenings, learn about local wildlife during after-dinner presentations.
9 DAYS OF ADVENTURE
Kick off the first day of your vacation with a local dive! Sign up for a manta ray photo lesson the morning before departure. Complete a check out dive to ensure your gear is ready to go.
Meet at SeeCreatures in Cabo San Lucas at 4 PM for the pre-boarding Health Check. Then, grab dinner downtown before you return to the shop for the mandatory safety video viewing at 7:15 PM. Boarding on the Nautilus Explorer begins at 8 PM.
Relax as you settle in to your accommodations during a day at sea. Prep your gear for tomorrow’s dives. Learn about the wildlife we will encounter during Manta 101 in the afternoon. Enjoy the ship’s move selection before we gather on the sun deck to observe the “green flash” at sunset.
DAYS 3 – 7
Explore underwater with 5 full days of diving in Socorro. We check in at the local navy base on Day 3, and then head offshore. Check a silky shark encounter off of your bucket list with a night snorkel that evening.
Experience Socorro’s most exciting sites throughout the week. Zip from the big boat to your dive destination on board a speedy skiff. Experienced divers eager to enter the water will be the first off the boat. Divers who prefer to follow an in-water guide will gear up as a group.
Please keep in mind that some dives may be impacted by weather, proximity of other vessels, and the experience level required to safely explore the site.
In between dives, relax on board the Explorer or adventure out on a kayak, SUP or shoreline tour.
Perfect your photos. Share stories of your favorite animal encounters. Pack up your dive gear as we journey back to the mainland. Savor your day at sea as you relish in the week’s most amazing memories.
We arrive back in port to disembark at 8:30 AM. Travel to the airport for your return flight home, or continue your vacation with a few more days of diving in Cabo.
The Explorer is Nautilus’ 123 foot flagship. Take in Socorro’s stunning ocean views through picture windows that surround the dining room and the ship’s main salon. Stay cozy between dives with a dip in the hot tub. Keep in touch with loved ones through on-board wifi.
- 1 Premium Suite, 3 Superior Suites, 8 Staterooms and 1 Triple Stateroom. All feature ensuites and spacious showers. Click here to see the Explorer’s layout.
- Fully stocked, extensive bar. Enjoy a selection of wine, micro brews and single malts.
- Huge camera tables offer convenient photo gear prep areas.
- World’s first SOLAS certified dive boat. This is the same safety rating held by larger cruise ships.
The waters of Socorro are home to amazing wildlife. Maximize your animal encounters over 5 full days with an average of 4 dives each day! Experienced, self-reliant divers will be the first off the boat to explore in freedom. Divers that prefer to follow a guide will have the assurance of an in-water pro leading the group.
Divers must be age 14 or older.
Not yet Advanced or Nitrox certified? Sign up now to complete these classes before the trip.
Every diver is required to carry a Surface Marker Buoy (SMB) or Delayed Surface Marker Buoy (DSMB). Learn how to equip, store and deploy one in the DSMB specialty course.
Please note that some dives may be challenging. If you are a newer diver, we recommend working with one of our experienced pros to fine tune your skills prior to the trip.
DIVE ACCIDENT & TRAVEL INSURANCE
SOCORRO 2023: WHAT’S INCLUDED
- 9 Day Liveaboard (includes required 5% tax)
- Emerald Premium Suite: $4,850 (price per person, double occupancy)
- Rosario Superior Suite: $4,220 (price per person, double occupancy)
- Nautilus Superior Suite: $4,220 (price per person, double occupancy)
- Dofleini Superior Suite: $4,220 (price per person, double occupancy)
- Staterooms A & B: $4,600 (price per person, single occupancy)
- Staterooms C, D, E, F, G, & J: $3,700 (price per person, double occupancy)
- Triple Stateroom: $3,400 (price per person, triple occupancy)
- $375 Socorro Park Fee (required for all guests)
- Nautilus Liveaboards credits your park fee to be fully redeemable toward a Nitrox upgrade, equipment rentals, bar purchases, satellite phone calls, or the purchase of a Nautilus Lifeline. Credits are also redeemable for pre and post-trip add-ons at Baja Expeditions or SeeCreatures dive shop.
- On-board Food & Drinks (excluding alcohol)
- Rental Nautilus Lifeline
- Rental Diver Signaling Device
- Trip Leader
- In addition to Nautilus staff and boat crew, a Trip Leader from Pura Vida Divers will be on hand. They will answer questions, help coordinate activities and assist with your travel needs.
Participants in the 2023 Socorro Liveaboard Trip will receive detailed information after registration. A packing list will be sent before the trip, including required items and recommended gear. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
To avoid non-refundable online booking fees, please call us to reserve your spot: 561-840-8750.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Airfare & Airport transfers to/from SJD Los Cabos International Airport
- Hotel Accommodations* in Cabo San Lucas
- *Nautilus Liveaboards highly recommends flying in at least 1 day before departure. It is a full day’s sail from Cabo to Socorro. The ship cannot wait for delayed guests or luggage.
- Equipment Rental
- We highly recommend you bring your own Regulator and Dive Computer.
- Gratuity for Captain, Crew & In-Water Dive Guides
- Please note that the Nautilus crew work hard to ensure we receive the best experience possible. We recommend leaving a gratuity of $250 to $350 per diver.
- Mandatory Port Fee (estimated $65 per person*)
- *Please note that this is an estimate based on 2021 rates. A final amount will be relayed to trip participants as soon as we receive one.
- Fuel & Misc. Surcharges*
- *”While Nautilus understands/appreciates guest reaction to post booking charges after a trip has been booked and shall avoid such whenever possible, we have to reserve the right to add a surcharge in respect of volatile fuel price increases and other unforeseen charges over which Nautilus has no control such as the cost of any imposition of any taxes, levies, fees or other unforeseen charges legislated by the Governments of Canada, USA or Mexico.”
- Bar & Gift Shop Purchases
- Any Dives, Workshops, & Activities with Nautilus Liveaboards or SeeCreatures not listed above
- 2023 Socorro Liveaboard reservations include a non-refundable deposit of $1,500 per person, due at the time of booking.
- Cancellations made within 7 months of the trip are subject to a non-refundable fee of 50% of the total trip cost.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made within 90 days of the trip.
- Please keep in mind that at this time, COVID regulations are fluid. We will do our best to keep you up to date as procedures are finalized closer to the trip date.
- International travel requires a passport valid for 6 months past the final trip date.
- Click here to view Nautilus’ “Know Before You Go” Socorro trip packet.
- Contact us if you have any questions about the 2023 Socorro liveaboard trip.
FLYING & DIVING
- Please be sure to plan your flight home following Diver Alert Network’s (DAN) recommended guidelines for flying and diving, linked here.