World Oceans Day: Friday, June 8, 2012
10 ways to celebrate World Oceans Day
- Cook a sustainable seafood dinner. Better yet, have a sustainable seafood party.
- Write the ocean a thank you note explaining what you are grateful for. Share it.
- Go swimming in the ocean.
- Organize a beach or river cleanup.
- Pledge to avoid all plastics for the day.
- Watch a movie or show that celebrates the ocean: The Living Sea, Coral Reef Adventure, Dolphins, The End of the Line, The Cove, Blue Planet, Dolphin Tale, The Present, the list goes on…
- Visit an aquarium or marine park like these.
- Go tidepooling! If you’re in California, use the California Tidepools iPhone app to learn more about the organisms you see.
- Create a Pinterest board to teach your friends about ‘The Ocean We Want To Know’ and submit it to our Pinterest Contest
- Read an ocean story or book.
(recommended by One World Ocean)