The PADI Tec 40 course is where you transition from recreational scuba diving to technical diving. It’s a great place to start because it’s the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Diver course. It bridges the gap between no-stop diving and full technical deep decompression diving. Students will learn under the tutelage of Justin Newton . Justin is an experienced technical diver and PADI Tec Deep Instructor.
During the class, you will use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives. You will also carry and use a single cylinder of decompression gas up to 50% Oxygen. Gain experience and begin building the knowledge and skills you need to continue your Tec diver training. You will learn about different gear configurations, and begin to assemble a technical kit.
After the course, you will qualify to make limited decompression dives to 40 metres/130 feet, and explore new sites. The course cost includes tank and weight rentals, cylinder fills, and certification fees.
PADI Tec 40 Pre-Requisites:
- Age 18 or older
- PADI Rescue Diver certification (or equivalent)
- PADI Deep Diver certification (or equivalent) OR proof of 10 logged dives to 100 feet or deeper
- PADI Enriched Air Diver certification (or equivalent)
- Have a minimum of at least 30 logged dives, with the following minimums:
- 10 Enriched Air Dives deeper than 60 feet
- Medical form signed by a physician
- Afternoon Classroom – Sept 12th
- Morning Pool Session (Dive 1), Afternoon Classroom – Sept 13th
- Dives 2 & 3 Morning Boat, Afternoon Classroom – Sept 14th
- Dive 4 Morning Boat – Sept 15th
*Additional course dates available upon request.*
Each diver is required to have a complete set of personal dive equipment. This includes items specific to a technical diving setup. Divers interested in the Tec 40 class or ongoing technical diving courses should schedule an appointment with Justin to learn more about required gear configurations.
To register for an upcoming Tec 40 class, or to learn more about Tec dives and certifications offered by Pura Vida Divers, call or email us: 561-840-8750 or Justin@puravidadivers.com.