2019 WHALESHARK EXPEDITION
Indulge your inner adventurer this summer and join Pura Vida Divers on our 2019 Whaleshark Expedition! We are headed to the beautiful beaches of Isla Mujeres, Mexico for 3 days of activities and 4 nights accommodations. Spend your days snorkeling alongside huge whalesharks in warm ocean waters! The private charter accommodates only 10 snorkelers each day. Snorkel trips depart around 8 AM, and return around 3 PM. A delicious lunch, fresh fruit, ceviche and drinks are included each day.
After our time on the water, we will return to Playa La Media Luna, an intimate ocean-side hotel located right on the island. You can relax on the beach, or sip drinks next to the freshwater pool. In the evenings, wander downtown to explore the myriad of shops and restaurants of Isla Mujeres.
From hiking near the remains of a Mayan temple, to visiting the lighthouse or the Tortugranja sea turtle sanctuary, there are plenty of activities to entertain out-of-the-water guests as well.
We will also swim among epic stalagmite and stalactite formations of Dos Ojos during our trip! Dos Ojos is part of the Cenotes, an extensive system of caverns and underwater caves. You can snorkel or SCUBA dive, following our in-water guide, in the crystal clear freshwater.
2019 Whaleshark Expedition Includes:
- 2 Days of Private Whaleshark Charters for our group (July 31, August 1)
- Up to 10 Snorkelers per boat
- 6 – 7 Hours on the Water
- Lunch and snacks including fresh fruit and homemade Ceviche
- Chilled fresh drinking water and soft drinks
- Mask, Snorkel and Fins Rental
- 1 Day Exploring Dos Ojos, Cenotes (August 2)
- Private transportation for our group to Dos Ojos
- In-water Dive Guide
- Mask, Snorkel and Fins
- SCUBA Gear for certified divers (excluding wetsuit)
- Lunch and snacks
- Fresh drinking water and soft drinks
- All park and activity fees
- 5 Days, 4 Nights Accommodations at Playa La Media Luna on Isla Mujeres
- Check In: July 30, Check Out: August 3
- Double or single occupancy accommodations
- Ocean-view rooms featuring two double beds
- Continental breakfast provided each morning
- Flight from your location to Cancun, Mexico
- Taxi from Cancun Airport to Puerto Juarez (approx. 30 mins, up to $90 USD each way)
- Ferry to/from Puerto Juarez to Isla Mujeres (approx. $7 USD each way)
- General transportation on Isla Mujeres
- Golf Carts are available for rent per day from Playa La Media Luna
- Tip for Captain, Crew and In-Water Dive Guides for each activity
- We recommend tipping at least $30 USD per person, per activity ($90 total per person)
- Wetsuit Rental ($10 USD per day) *Wetsuits or life jackets are required to be worn at all times while snorkeling among whalesharks.*
- Any additional activity costs not outlined above
Join The Whaleshark Expedition:
Double Occupancy: Ocean View Room
Single Occupancy: Ocean View Room
Youth / Kids
Ready to book your spot? Contact the shop and we will answer any questions you may have, and get your reservation all set: 561-840-8750 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you sign up, you’ll receive a detailed trip itinerary and a comprehensive packing list, including required items and recommended gear. Full trip payment is due at time of booking.
What else should you know?
- All Whaleshark Expeditions include a non-refundable deposit of $200 per person.
- Cancellations made within 60 days of the trip will be subject to a non-refundable fee of $500 per person.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made within 30 days of the trip.
We highly recommend that you purchase trip insurance to help recoup non-refundable deposits and trip costs in the event that you need to cancel your reservation.
- Must be age 9 or older to snorkel with whalesharks.
- Parent signature is required on waivers for anyone under 18.
- All kids must bring a copy of their birth certificate to verify Date of Birth.
- Some activities may be available for children under age 9. Please contact us to learn more.
- Guests will take turns swimming in the water with whalesharks.
- An in-water guide will be provided with each activity.
- A wetsuit or life jacket is required to be worn at all times when in the water.
Flying & Diving: If you plan to SCUBA dive at Dos Ojos, please be sure to plan your flight home following DAN’s recommended guidelines for flying after diving, linked here.