As sea turtle season reaches its peak here in South Florida, our reefs are teeming with turtles. Join us this month to earn your PADI Sea Turtle Awareness Specialty certification! You’ll learn about the plight faced by these endangered species. Understand how sea turtles depend on our local ocean habitat, and how you can help sea turtles thrive.
You’ll soon put your new knowledge to use during an afternoon dive! Hop aboard a 2-tank charter to dive alongside your instructor as you identify sea turtles swimming, feeding and resting on our beautiful reefs. The dive charter, weight and tank rentals are included with the price of your class.
Sea Turtle Awareness Specialty Class Dates:
Sunday, June 16
Saturday, June 29
The goals of the Sea Turtle Awareness course training are:
- Introduce sea turtle species common in temperate or tropical waters.
- Provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to identify turtles and record sightings.
- Inform students about decline in sea turtle populations.
- Inform students about the importance of sea turtles to marine biodiversity.
- Teach students what they can do to reduce the loss of sea turtles worldwide.
- Familiarize students with the role of Project AWARE in preserving the aquatic environment.
Sign up now for the PADI Sea Turtle Specialty Awareness specialty class!
Just contact Pura Vida Divers at 561-840-8750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sea Turtle Awareness Specialty class counts towards your Master SCUBA Diver certification. Check out the PADI specialties you can earn: click here.