Indulge your inner adventurer and join Pura Vida Divers on our 2020 Whaleshark Trip! Travel with us to beautiful Isla Mujeres, Mexico for an epic week on the water.
This year, enjoy an extra day in the water with whalesharks AND an additional day to relax on the island or explore the Cenotes.
Spend 3 days snorkeling alongside huge whalesharks in the warm Caribbean ocean! Your private charter boat is limited to just 10 guests, with plenty of room to lounge on comfy cushions and soak up the sun. A delicious lunch, fresh fruit, ceviche, and chilled drinks are included each day.
After our time on the water, we return to Playa La Media Luna, an intimate ocean-side hotel located right on the island. You can unwind on the private beach, or sip drinks in one of two freshwater pools overlooking the ocean. In the evenings, wander downtown to check out the myriad of shops and restaurants of Isla Mujeres.
From exploring the remains of a Mayan temple, to visiting the lighthouse or the Tortugranja sea turtle sanctuary, there are plenty of activities to entertain out-of-the-water guests as well.
Spend your final day relaxing on the beach, or keep the adventure going with a trip to the Cenotes! Swim among epic stalagmite and stalactite formations. The Cenotes is an extensive system of caverns and underwater caves. You can snorkel or SCUBA dive, following our in-water guide, in the crystal clear freshwater.
2020 Whaleshark Trip Includes:
- 6 Days, 5 Nights Accommodations at Playa La Media Luna on Isla Mujeres
- Double Occupancy: $1,095 (per person)
- Single Occupancy: $1,395
- Child: $750 (must be accompanied by 2 Double Occupancy adults)
- Check In: July 31, Check Out: August 5 or Check In: August 5, Check Out: August 10
- Ocean-view rooms featuring two double beds
- Continental breakfast provided each morning
- 3 Days of Private Whaleshark Charters
- Private charter boat, Max 10 guests
- 6 – 7 Hours on the Water
- Lunch and snacks including fresh fruit and homemade Ceviche
- Chilled fresh drinking water and soft drinks
- Mask, Snorkel and Fins Rental
- Transportation on Isla Mujeres
- Golf Cart rentals allow you to zip around exploring the island
- Trip Coordinator from Pura Vida Divers
- In addition to in-water guides, captain and crew, a Trip Leader from Pura Vida Divers will be on hand to answer questions, help coordinate activities and assist with your travel needs.
We only book travel experiences with verified, reputable sources. The Whaleshark charter operators follow strict rules and guidelines enforced by the Mexican government to ensure the protection and long term sustainability of these amazing animals. Cenotes dive guides are experienced, certified full cave divers outfitted with redundant gear.
ENHANCE YOUR TRIP WITH OPTIONAL ADD ONS:
- Cenotes Dive or Snorkel Experience ($195 / $100)
- Private group transportation to/from Cenotes
- In-water Dive and Snorkel Guide
- Mask, Snorkel and Fins
- SCUBA Gear for certified divers (excluding wetsuit)
- Lunch and snacks
- Fresh drinking water and soft drinks
- All park and activity fees
- King Suite Upgrade ($100 per room)
- Enjoy a spacious King bed in your room overlooking Playa La Media Luna’s private beach.
- Airport Transportation ($150 per round trip shuttle)
- Reserve round trip transportation for your group between the Cancun Airport and Puerto Juarez (departure location for the ferry to Isla Mujeres).
- One shuttle accommodates up to 6 guests.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Flights to/from your location to Cancun, Mexico
- Transportation to/from Cancun Airport (can be added on, see above)
- Ferry to/from Puerto Juarez to Isla Mujeres (approx. $7 USD each way)
- Dinner and any additional activities not outlined above
- Tip for Captain, Crew and In-Water Dive Guides for each activity (We recommend tipping at least $30 USD per person, per activity.)
- Wetsuit Rental ($10 USD per day)
JOIN THE 2020 WHALESHARK TRIP
After you register for the 2020 Whaleshark Trip, you’ll receive a detailed itinerary and a comprehensive packing list before the trip, including required items and recommended gear. To avoid online booking fees, please call the shop to reserve your spot: 561-840-8750.
Questions? Contact us to ask questions or discuss the trip in detail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD YOU KNOW?
- All Whaleshark Expeditions include a non-refundable $425 per person (included in the trip total).
- Cancellations made within 60 days of the trip will be subject to a non-refundable fee of $850 per person (or $625 per child).
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made within 30 days of the trip.
- Guests will take turns swimming in the water with whalesharks.
- An in-water guide will be provided with each activity.
- Participants must follow all rules and regulations required by the Mexican government and charter operator, captain and crew.
- Must be age 9 or older to snorkel with whalesharks.
- Parent signature is required on waivers for anyone under 18.
- All kids must bring a copy of their birth certificate to verify Date of Birth.
- Some activities may be available for children under age 9. Please contact us to learn more.
FLYING & DIVING
- If you plan to SCUBA dive the Cenotes, please be sure to plan your flight home following DAN’s recommended guidelines for flying after diving, linked here.
- We highly recommended that you purchase trip insurance to help recoup non-refundable deposits and trip costs in the event that you need to cancel your reservation.