Upcoming Professional Courses:
Date: May 17 & 18
DAN Instructor Course: Diving First Aid for Professionals
Why Take This Course
People who dive as a part of their job or volunteer duties often need first-aid training to manage unique situations that may occur. Diver Alert Network’s (DAN) Diving First Aid for Professional Divers (DFA Pro) course is designed for commercial, professional, aquarium and scientific divers, providing first-aid knowledge and skills specific to these work environments. This course will certify current Dive Professionals as DAN DFA Pro Instructors.
What You Will Learn
DFA Pro is comprised of information from the Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries, Neurological Assessment, First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries and CPR HCP courses. It meets U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines for workplace CPR and first aid.
You will learn about:
- Anatomy, physiology, bloodborne pathogens
- Decompression Illness and Oxygen First Aid
- Response, assessment, and medical emergency management
You will develop the following skills:
- Scene safety assessment
- Initial and secondary assessments
- One- and two-person CPR for adults, children and infants
- Automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Obstructed airway management
- Oxygen first aid administration
- F-A-S-T assessment
- Wound management and bandage and splint application
- Control of external bleeding
- Pressure immobilization technique
- Severe allergic reaction managemenT
- Dive Leader (Divemaster or above) in current teaching status with your agency.
- Online homework that must be completed before the start of the class. This will be sent to the student upon registration.
Upon successful completion of the course Instructors will be able to teach the following DAN courses:
Diving First Aid for Professional Divers
CPR:Health Care Provider with First Aid
First aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries
Diving Emergency Management Provider